OilTools Services jars are designed and manufactured for the severe drilling conditions encountered in vertical, directional and horizontal wells. This jar operates as a double-acting hydraulic jar. BHA recovery and reliable jarring operation is assured with this double-acting hydraulic jars delivering a high impact force when required regardless of position of BHA in vertical, deviated or horizontal wells. OilTools Services jars operates using the hydraulic metering delay system for both up-jarring and down-jarring.
- Standard and high temperature operations
- High-angle drillstrings
- All conventional oil and gas wells
- Deviated oil and gas wells
Features and Benefits
- Double acting, jarring action in both up and down directions
- Location in BHA is less restricted. Jar can be used in tension or compression
- Long operational life, and can withstand high temperatures
- Mechanical lock mechanism prevents jar movement during normal drilling operations, eliminating unnecessary wear of internal components
- The Jar will not fire unexpectedly when drilling or tripping in or out of the hole.
All Jars assembly/disassembly in OilTools Services Workshop. Assembly/disassembly procedures include:
- Flush all drilling fluid from the bore and external surfaces
- Visually inspection of Jars for any damages
- Repair services
- Replace completely all seals and oil
- Installation heavy duty thread protectors to eliminate mechanical damage
Jar testing procedure.